at AGM 2005.
Hope you enjoy our website.
Welcome to our web site.
The RCMP Veterans' Association is a national body comprised of, and representing former Regular (RM)
and Civilian (CM) members of the RCMP. The organization has been in existence since the first meeting of NWMP ex-members in Calgary on April 16th, 1886. The Association, like the Force, is divided into Divisions, each encompassing a geographic region. There are currently 30 Divisions across Canada with approximately 5,000 members.
A discharging member automatically has Transitional Membership status which is valid for one year after discharge without cost. During this complimentary transitional year they are invited to attend the Division general meetings and social functions in order to become familiar with the organization. If you choose, you may join as a regular Active Member immediately on discharge, or at any time during the year, to gain full membership privileges of voting on Association business, holding executive office and participating on various committees.
WHY JOIN THE VETERANS’ ASSOCIATION
• Continued camaraderie and fellowship through social & entertainment functions, sporting and recreational activities
• Confidential assistance with disability eligibility and applications, and other benefit entitlements
• Hospital visitations and comforts provided during times of illness & assistance to family
• Survivors’ and Executors’ Guide & Checklist that is updated annually and contains essential information needed by the spouse and family on a member’s death
• Assistance to surviving spouse and family with funeral arrangements and advising survivors of the processes for continuing pension, insurance and health benefits
• Regular notification of employment opportunities
• An opportunity each year to attend the Association’s annual general meeting (AGM) in different geographic locations in Canada to meet and socialize with former colleagues
• Tremendous value for the minimal membership cost
Edmonton Division has General/Dinner meetings the last Tuesday of every month except for July, August and December. We also hold a Spring BBQ in early May, have a Night at the Races in early August, the September General Meeting is our Appreciation Night plus we have Christmas dinner/dance in late November or early December. We also do many things for communities in and around Edmonton and contribute financially to many organizations.
Membership to our Association has much to offer so if you are a former regular RCMP member, Civilian Member, former Reserve, Auxiliary or Special Constable of the Force we encourage you to apply. The Membership Application form can be found under the ‘Admin’ icon.
Jerry Plastow, President
1999 Reenactment of K troop March West
George Cutting our oldest member passed away at 99. Rest in peace George.
Past Presidents at Christmas Party.